Sunday, 16 September 2007

If I ever see another pepper...

...it'll be too soon!

Yesterday Pete and the young people who went to Moldova in the summer held an evening to thank the people who had supported them and to tell everyone what they had done and learned whilst they were out there.

One of the aspects of the evening was "traditional" Moldovan food as experienced by the team whilst they were out there.

At some point in the preparation for the evening I offered to cook stuffed peppers for the people who would be there - hmmmmm, not one of my brainiest ideas - I spent 8 hours yesterday in front of an oven or hollowing out peppers (though I had help for that bit from the lovely Anne, Mary, Eve and Nina) but I am completely shattered now - and have no deire to cook ever again...until dinner tomorrow at least!

I just wish that there was a washing up fairy that would come and visit for the afternoon so I could sleep! Perhaps if I ask nicely for Christmas!

It was a great evening though - it was wonderful to see all the things that the team had done and learn more about what they expereienced and have brought back with them from the fortnight. What's really encouraging is that a couple of them want to go back next year for a longer time, which is really exciting!

So WELL DONE GUYS!!!

1 comment:

Jo said...

Yummy to stuffed peppers. Sounds like the evening was good too.

I like this blogging thing!!

Jo